W203 C180 Avantgarde Audio 10 - Snap, crackle pop!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes W204 C220cdi Estate Ford Fiesta Mk 4
In a previous thread I noted radio /display cutting out intermittently and then returning a few seconds later with no obvious reason for fault apart, I thought, from passing under national grid overhead cables????

Car is in for A service at Main Dealer so I asked them to advise... They say well known fault and radio is overheating. Remedy is to fit plate with fans on to rear of radio. Costs are £46.00 + VAT for parts £100.00 labour = £160.00 total. I asked about cost of new radio and was told circa £450.00.
Car is out of warranty obviously and they say not an MB recall item :(

Any thoughts/comments on what to do next gratefully received.:confused: :confused:

You can pick W203 Audio10 up on ebay for about £20 if the set is fubar. Why not just add a computer fan behind the unit.?

Thanks for responses - mines a Becker I think

Either Ebay , or try Euromerc .

PM Nick_Mercedes ( he's Mr Euromerc ;) )

Thanks for responses - mines a Becker I think

I thought all the W203 units were Alpine, irrespective just buy another if it's duff. The curved front makes them usless for any other car hence cheap as chips.

The spare one I have (after a Comand retrofit) is definitely a Becker, BE6021 for spotters. As Dieselman says, they are so cheap secondhand it isn't worth selling it, rather it's a keeper should the Comand ever come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom