W203 C180 Coupe Climate Fan Clicking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roheel

Hi guys.

Yesterday when i switched the climate control on there was a clicking sound coming from the dash. It was one click every 2 sec i would say. If the ait flow control is set to the dimist part it will start the click. If air flow pointing forward or down to the foot well i would have no click. During this test there is always air coming out of both footwell blowers.

I have tried the flap reset procedure and that hasnt helped.

I rang an indi near me and he wanted best part of £400 to fix the issue saying the whole dash would need to come out.

I really cant afford that as ive recently been made redundant. Is there a cheaper fix or can someone help me on the forum. Im based in Bexley.

Thanks

Was this on start up, and did it stop after 10--20 secs?
If so its a stepper motor issue and to fix that £400 is cheap, or just live with it.

Hi Nigel yeah it does stop. Same thing will happen when driving. If I set it to demist it will click but I will get no air from the demisting vents at all. Just air from the footwells no mater where I point the air flow too. Even from the face vents being on I still get air in the foot wells

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom