W203 C180 swapping the engine?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ktos92

Car
W204 C200 CDI Sport Edition 125 / W215 CL600 Bi-Turbo M275 V12
Hi everybody. Im just wondering is it possible to swap the engine for ML111 EVO Kompressor? At the moment I have it ML111 EVO non kompressor with only 129bhp. Is it only the engine and ECU that Ill need to change or also differential and drive shaft?

Surely it is just easier and possibly cheaper to just sell your car and buy the one you want?

Is it that much things to change?

a lot, many electrical units that are can-coded to the ecu.

Last edited:
OK. Ill just stay with my C180 2.0 ML111 EVO so heheh :) Its rally hard to do anything or to add anything to it :)

Theres always K&N filters,de-cat,and Vpower fuel to give it a bit.

What about fitting the kompressor, turbo or changing a camshaft?

Where theres a will theres a way,but a lot easier to buy another car with a factory fitted Kompressor.

Well, I know that but you see... Im too young to get insurance for the Kompressor in Ireland, Im too young for it. I need to ahve at elast 24 years of age. 129bhp is not too much for this car so thats why Im looking to modify the engine...

You have a normally aspirated engine in a low state of tune, any performance gains you make would, I imagine, be disproportionate to the cost involved.

Assuming you add a compressor then you would be generating more heat so cooling would need to be addressed, possibly fuel delivery and more besides.

If you want a more powerful car the quickest and almost certainly the most cost effective way is to trade in your current one for a car that gives you more of what it is you are looking for :)

This si straight forward answer thanks :)

Well, I know that but you see... Im too young to get insurance for the Kompressor in Ireland, Im too young for it. I need to ahve at elast 24 years of age. 129bhp is not too much for this car so thats why Im looking to modify the engine...

If you modify the car then as well as the large costs involved in modifying surely you will also have much larger insurance premiums or be declined insurance?:dk:

Well you see the trick is to modify the engine without seeing this much, so thats why I am thinking about the camshaft. Will this improve the engine performence and for how muich if Ill fit in specially designed camshaft?

Well you see the trick is to modify the engine without seeing this much, so thats why I am thinking about the camshaft. Will this improve the engine performence and for how muich if Ill fit in specially designed camshaft?

I doubt that any camshaft change in isolation will bring much gain, by "trick" I assume you want to modify your engine without informing the insurance company?

As I am sure you are aware this may invalidate your policy?

Ok guys. I was talking with a guy in belgium from the company which is called CatCamshaft. Thay can make me a pistons which will give me better compression and also a sport camshaft. With this I would polish the cylinders and reone the head which should gain quite a bit power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom