W203 C180K (P0340) code

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Velo96

Car
mercedes w210 E300TD
hi i have recently purchased my first petrol car in 10 years 2005 w203 c180 kompressor i drove it home (70m) and near my house the car lost all power over 1200rpm so i checked stored codes with odb reader and it showed 2x P0340 (camshaft position sensor A circuit Bank 1 or sinsgle sensor) and P0238 supercharger boost sensor A circuit high) so i removed the faults P0238 disappeared and i havent seen it since and all power seems to be back only P0340 stays on, i think eml is turned off completely doesnt light up at all, doesnt appear to be lost on power and it seems to start every time no problem, however yesterday i went for a 5m drive and when i came home i noticed before the first catalic converter the exhaust was red hot, would anyone know what may be wrong or where to start looking. thanks

quick update i have changed engine oil, checked spark plugs/coils look ok. checked camshaft postion sensors with multimeter and i couldnt get any reading from the both sensors unless i was doing something wrong.

Top dead center and intake cam looks way off, is there a way to rotate the camshaft with cam adjuster without taking the chain of?

Attachments

• 20220613_125328.jpg
    20220613_125328.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
I think you should have a conversation with the seller first ?

I did but he obviously a cowboy so won't tex me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom