W203 C180k wet spark plugs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MORGANpl

Car
Mercedes W212 E350 AMG Bluetec Night Edition Premium Plus
Ive replaced today spark plugs. Two of them where wet. I have to say the car starts and runs mint. No problems at all. What could it be? Gasket? Piston rings?

Looks like oil

Did you sniff it? Some people give the throttle a "blip" before turning off. Not sure why, but can leave plugs wet. Nothing wrong with engine, but fuel sucked in when no spark.

Neil

I was thinking about sniff it but I got flu so couldnt do it :)

Could be valve stem seals I suppose. Have a shufty down the spark plug holes with a small torch- if the top of the pistons in question are black also it might be a cylinder head gasket. Blackened surfaces inside the combustion chamber can be caused by deposits due to the cooling effect of the water. Any sign of oil in the coolant or a white scum under the oil filler car?
Other possibility would be sticking valves on the early engines.
M271: Cylinder head replacement - MBWorld.org Forums

Could be valve stem seals I suppose. Have a shufty down the spark plug holes with a small torch- if the top of the pistons in question are black also it might be a cylinder head gasket. Blackened surfaces inside the combustion chamber can be caused by deposits due to the cooling effect of the water. Any sign of oil in the coolant or a white scum under the oil filler car?
Other possibility would be sticking valves on the early engines.
M271: Cylinder head replacement - MBWorld.org Forums

I didnt look it the coolant to see if there is any sigh of oil but when I look at the oil filler cap it was ok. Its 2007 so not the early engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom