W203 C200 K Facelift 54 plate 40k miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes W204 C220cdi Estate Ford Fiesta Mk 4
Going to test drive the above later today and wonder what the Forum thought about this as the fountain of all knowledge. :)

My prefacelift 203 has done > 100k miles, needs a new ignition barrel and some work done on the engine - costs circa £250 and still has rusty wheel arches and a damaged rear bumper to sort out - costs circa £500 so this could be the time to change as they say :dk:

Benefits of the newer car are :-
  • Kompressor engine and bigger too
  • Galvanised body shell
  • Parktronic front and back
  • 60k less miles
  • Full MB service history
  • Full grey leather rather than black
  • Upgraded fascia/Audio system
Very interested in what the Team thinks?:)

I think could be a good buy :thumb:

I have a 2005 C180 Kompressor, Now has 158,000 miles dealer/indy service history. Never gone wrong, no problems, no rust, very durable interior (looks like its only do 60K) decent MPG for a petrol.

Well you know what I think of facelift w203s and you know what condition mine is still in at 100,000 so there's your answer. Which one are you looking at?

The 1.8K engine is vastly superior to that in your C180. Smoother, more refined and more powerful. You will really notice the difference. If the price to change is reasonable then go for it.

The newer one is £6795 which seems like a good price having looked around although it does not have MB Forum pedals!

Am also concerned that rust on current car may become a bigger issue with age so now could be the time to change. Will do the test drive tonight and then sleep on it - no not the car!.

Lol - errr possibly so dont you go there before me or we could end up in a bidding war......

Very nice indeed!

Lol - errr possibly so dont you go there before me or we could end up in a bidding war......

I think that you've psychologically already bought it mate.....:thumb:

It looks good on paper, check it out-I won't be bidding against you as I'm keeping R2!
The price depresses me though! Do it - you know it makes sense:)

I think that you've psychologically already bought it mate.....:thumb:

Lol - not intentionally as I am also considering a - dare I type it???:eek: - :ban:BMW 320 Ci on a 54 plate with 19K miles from new:cool:

It looks good on paper, check it out-I won't be bidding against you as I'm keeping R2!
The price depresses me though! Do it - you know it makes sense:)

Why depressed??:confused:

Why depressed??:confused:

It means mines lost £20k although I except that other marques would have lost more. The car looks good, let us know how you get on when you go to see it:)

It means mines lost £20k although I except that other marques would have lost more. The car looks good, let us know how you get on when you go to see it:)
Absolutely:bannana:

The newer one is £6795 which seems like a good price having looked around although it does not have MB Forum pedals!

Am also concerned that rust on current car may become a bigger issue with age so now could be the time to change. Will do the test drive tonight and then sleep on it - no not the car!.

My mate just bought a facelift C-class (albeit the coupe) with 48k FMBSH 2004 plate for £5.1k and chopped in his crappy Punto for £1.2k

Is the C200K in question that much more expensive because a saloon or something? or because of the better engine?

Suppose like most things depends on supply, demand and mileage, spec etc.

I would definitely agree in chopping yours in for a facelifted one... a quick glance at autotrader reveals significantly cheaper ones than the one you've mentioned in your earlier post with maybe slightly higher mileage but decent spec all the same!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom