W203 C200K Coupe - where's the drain holes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darzet

Car
W203 C200K Coupe
Hi all

Noticed that the rear corners of the bonnet what meet the windscreen wipers rest are crudded up with leaves, moss and the likes. Can see the passenger side one and been trying to poke various wires to clear the holes after a quick hoover of what I can get to.
No luck so far - are the drain/pipes curved or straight-thru?
However I can't see the drivers side one which presumably is in the same place? Seems like various bits of trim, rubber and part of the bonnet hinge plate in the way so can't see where to start poking away.

Anyone have pics / diagram of where I should be looking please? Also details of all drain holes on my car?

Many thanks

I'm not 100% sure I understand exactly which drain holes you are trying to locate, but would guess that you must be referring to the section at the bottom of the windscreen.

I think you would do better to blast away most of the crud from the inner most two with a hosepipe, which should then enable you to see the drainage holes.

The following pics, which I hope will help are of my W203 saloon. I think the coupe should be the same.

The pics are taken looking down from the top of the windscreen and are taken from right to left. (Drivers side to passenger side). Be careful with the hose on the extreme right hand side one as the EMU is located in that corner of the engine bay.

Grumps, looking at your pics I hadn't appreciated theres more than the 2 - one at each corner. Stupid really - why wouldn't there be more than 2 - doh! Issue is not so much clearing these drainage guides as such from where the wipers rest, more of clearing the actual pipes themselves that appear to pass down close to the bulkhead and presumably drain underneath. One in the corner on passenger side will only let me guide a bit of wire about a foot or so but not sure if its bend in the inside pipework preventing me from going further or if it's blocked.
Going into my local garage next week for rear exhaust section so will get them to blow them thru hopefully.
Cheers

The driver's side can be cleared with a wire (I use a cable tie..).

The passenger side indeed has a band and a wire won't go through, the only way I found to clear it is with air pressure nozzle at a garage during service...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom