W203 c200K engine check lamp is on?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookci

I had to brake hard and now the engine check lamp is on and wont go out?

what could this be?

Luckily its under warranty so im going to try and get it repaired... also i hope they can look at my cruise control (although it might be the same problem)

Would be nice to know the outcome, as all that happens in the main is that the oil all goes up front for a few milli seconds,,some faults will only turn off in STAR like O2 sensors

had 2 faults come up under very hard braking on my c180k both went straight out 1 check coolent 2 check washer fluid level but only 16 days to A Service so have topped up washer fluid level all seems ok now.
was going to post but so close service did not bother.

Hi,

I wiggled all the connectors all under the bonnet before i left for home and low and behold ALL the power is back...

Id say the car is about 3 times as fast as it was yesterday and cruise control is back working!!!!

Now how do i get rid of the check engine light? I assume the error is still held in the ECU???

Please help

Thanks

christian

Hi,

I wiggled all the connectors all under the bonnet before i left for home and low and behold ALL the power is back...

Id say the car is about 3 times as fast as it was yesterday and cruise control is back working!!!!

Now how do i get rid of the check engine light? I assume the error is still held in the ECU???

Please help

Thanks

christian

Any indie can take it away with a diag machine

So i need a diag machine?

Can i not just unplug the battery? lol

out of interest how much are these machines? they sound useful?

about £300 for engine only, about £3k for the whole car

I do not like disconnecting 203 batteries,,its up to you on that one

but would disconnecting the battery clear the error?

Im just in 2 minds whether to take the car for diagnostics tomorrow which might not be covered under warranty (although the garage has said they will pay for the diagnostic!). With the diagnostic i can get the warranty people to pay out!

Or just wait for a bit and try clear the error myself?

in all honesty in slightly nervous if anything is changed its going to lose all its power again! I hadnt even realised the car was broken!! Is it just likely one of the connections was slightly corroded and wiggling it sorted the problem?

It drives SOOOOOOOOOO much better since i fiddled with the connectors!

Cant answer that but engine codes seldom clear by doing this, I have known one C240 203 during the petrol contamination time where the light came on due to the O2 sensor shifting from its stored value, there was a 3 week waiting list,, but after 2 weeks the lamp went out

It could be anything. Use the diagnostic to check it out will be wiser. I reckon it the air inlet valves. There are two that needed to be changed. I posted a separate thread http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=49850 and cost me £250 last summer to rectify this problem while I was away from home working. Well as it under warranty you are lucky:)

It turns out my engine had an error code 54?? Does anyone know what this means?

The error has been cleared and touch wood its not turned up again

There are various codes and he only gave you part of that number

The number should be P0054 and that is what I said the fault was earlier in the thread,, that is O2 sensor

I "think" in the WIS it states codes may set light but if fault condition goes the light will extinguish after 19 hard restarts and driving cycles.
The code will still be in memory though for later diagnosis.

Bazzle

I "think" in the WIS it states codes may set light but if fault condition goes the light will extinguish after 19 hard restarts and driving cycles.
The code will still be in memory though for later diagnosis.

Bazzle

Thank you Bazzle, that would explain why the one on the 112 C240 went away

whats a hard restart?

Do you mean stopping and starting the engine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom