w203 c200k help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

xxvodkakingxx

Car
c200k
Right guys hope someone can help me. I had full custom manifold sports cat and cat back exhaust 3 weeks ago. All fine till tuesday this week. Got in car to go to work and sounded a bit different. Was a holding back slightly too. When i got to work the engine sounds like its ticking or tapping. Got back thursday and split the manifold from cat and started the car and ticking disappeared. Put back together and re appeared. Been to guy that built it today and hes had camera in both boxes and both ends of the cat and no obvious blockages. Ticking is still there and it sounds like an old fiesta! Not getting any worse but annoying me like hell. Serviced the car last weekend and used shell helix ultra 5/40 oil if that makes any difference? Help me guys!

When you say you 'split the cat' I'm guessing you took it off and started the engine? Sounds like a hairline fracture next to a weld( on the heat affected zone) of a cylinder branch or a gasket leaking. Is it coming from the engine or underneath the car?

Problem now solved! Took for a long run as i was sure it was a blockage in the exhaust. Cat must have been partially blocked internally and the tapping has now gone. My theory is the cat blocked up and caused enough back pressure to bounce the exhaust valves back. Ill be talking to the exhaust shop later and letting him know! Thanks for your input its greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom