w203 c200k mods to wake the car up from 1000 till 3000 rpm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlexHasABenz

Car
w203 c200k
Hello fellow w203 owners ,i have a 2001 c200k 2L manual w203 with the m111.955 engine. What are some mods that help the car be more snappy from 1000 to 3000 (after that, in the mid range is pretty responsive). I have read about crank shaft-supercharger pulleys, bigger intercooler, remap, exhaust ,porting, some people claim these things don't work and some claim they bring the opposite results and you end up with power loss...all i want is to wake up the car in the low range.

Hello and welcome Alex , I have a 2006 203 C class , I have one of these under the bonnet , works a treat ! :banana:

1647449507980.png

But seriously. Most of the things you mention will work if done properly. It's just down to how much money you want to spend ...and will it be worth it in the long run ?

Hello Pete and thank you for the welcome if i buy one of these the tax office will ninja attack me and chop my behinds :D

How old is the air mass meter? These cars can become gradually sluggish at low rpm’s as the air mass meter ages. Worth checking what’s there is working as it should before modifying.

How old is the air mass meter? These cars can become gradually sluggish at low rpm’s as the air mass meter ages. Worth checking what’s there is working as it should before modifying.
How can I check that is working properly?

How can I check that is working properly?
To be honest I can tell from the feel of the car, but I’ve been doing them a long time ;)
I do keep a known good unit to check my hunches though!
Somewhere you might find numbers you can compare with the readings from your own car. If you have a scanner with a live-data record mode you can get some numbers from wot pulls

To be honest I can tell from the feel of the car, but I’ve been doing them a long time ;)
I do keep a known good unit to check my hunches though!
Somewhere you might find numbers you can compare with the readings from your own car. If you have a scanner with a live-data record mode you can get some numbers from wot pulls

i found time today i went to my garage garbed the scanner loaded the live data and here is what i saw: the mass airflow value arrived at 400~ at around 5000~ rpm,

You can safely clean the air mass meter with electrical contact spray which should help remove any surface gunk. Only use electrical contact cleaner though, no brake cleaner or carb spray as it may damage it. 👍

The numbers you have are pretty meaningless without some indication of what they represent. Is it Kg/hr? Unlikely to be g/s
You could remove the maf and run your finger around the inside of the tube. If it’s oily you likely have blockage of the two vacuum stubs underneath the intake manifold. Oil in the maf is a common reason for poor performance. These are all assumptions based on your first post. It’s entirely possible there is nothing wrong ;)

The numbers you have are pretty meaningless without some indication of what they represent. Is it Kg/hr? Unlikely to be g/s
You could remove the maf and run your finger around the inside of the tube. If it’s oily you likely have blockage of the two vacuum stubs underneath the intake manifold. Oil in the maf is a common reason for poor performance. These are all assumptions based on your first post. It’s entirely possible there is nothing wrong ;)
yes, since i had some time today i sprayed some carb cleaner in the throttle body and i saw that the little pipe that covers the throttle body and connects it with the maf was pretty oily i guess i have work to do next Saturday :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom