W203 C200k Saloon 2004

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MWCLS

MB Enthusiast
Car
S320 CDI Perlite Gray Metallic 2005
Hi all, the wife's car has developed a slight grating noise when driving and more noticeable when turning right. The car had a B service at MB 14 months ago @ 38.5k which cost £800.00 obviously some Additional works were done, plugs, brake fluid, fuel filter, ATF plus front bushes and arms ( bushes and arms were fitted by a ex MB tech who owns a garage. )

It's only done 41k to date one owner ( my father from new ), I took it to Kwik fit for the sole purpose of using their lifts/ramps so I could have a better look, nothing obvious. Anyone have any ideas before I take it somewhere for diagnosis. .

Thanks

Michael

Last edited:
Wheel bearing?
Maybe jack up the drivers side and spin the wheel to see if you can pin down where the noise is coming from. How are the brake pads?

Sorry but unable to help. Must say Im surprised at suspension items needing replacement at such low mileage. Id expect more like 100k. Or is it back to VW or Ford.

Sorry but unable to help. Must say Im surprised at suspension items needing replacement at such low mileage. Id expect more like 100k. Or is it back to VW or Ford.

So was I, replaced with oem parts, maybe it's the unbelievable amount of speed humps in my area, the car has had a easy life.

Wheel bearing?
Maybe jack up the drivers side and spin the wheel to see if you can pin down where the noise is coming from. How are the brake pads?

New discs and pads oem at 30k.. hopefully they can manage another 30k lol Good thinking on the wheel bearing hadn't thought of that was thinking disc backing plate rubbing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom