W203 / C209 Nokia Install - Advice Needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk270

Car
Was W203 270CDI A'garde, Was CLK270CDi A'garde, Current Porsche BoxsterS, Mini SDAll4
About to buy a Nokia Cark-91 kit for my 6310i

Thinking about hiding in the armrest (top 'tray section').

Don't spend that much time in the car, so really is only for incoming calls. Not bothered about the radio mute either - I can turn the stereo (standard audio 10 CD radio) off in the time it takes the auto answer function to work !

Queries:-
1. Can I wire both the permanent and switched live together ? I assume this will not drain the battery as long as I don't leave the phone in the cradle with the ignition off. ;)
2. Any details on where best place to find appropriate wires and their color codes ?. I think the cigarette lighter is a good option but where does the loom run and what colour wires do I need ? :confused:
3. Anyone know whether the MB phone inserts for the armrest tray are available from parts and how they fit (do they still use the Nokia cradle for instance ?)
4. How does the Armrest section come apart for wiring to the upper tray ?
5. I get full reception from the phone in the car, so am not bothering with an extra aerial, partly due to reception and partly due to fear of disturbing some other circuit (e.g airbags) - Any coments ?

clk270 said:
About to buy a Nokia Cark-91 kit for my 6310i

Thinking about hiding in the armrest (top 'tray section').

Don't spend that much time in the car, so really is only for incoming calls. Not bothered about the radio mute either - I can turn the stereo (standard audio 10 CD radio) off in the time it takes the auto answer function to work !

Queries:-
1. Can I wire both the permanent and switched live together ? I assume this will not drain the battery as long as I don't leave the phone in the cradle with the ignition off. ;)
2. Any details on where best place to find appropriate wires and their color codes ?. I think the cigarette lighter is a good option but where does the loom run and what colour wires do I need ? :confused:
3. Anyone know whether the MB phone inserts for the armrest tray are available from parts and how they fit (do they still use the Nokia cradle for instance ?)
4. How does the Armrest section come apart for wiring to the upper tray ?
5. I get full reception from the phone in the car, so am not bothering with an extra aerial, partly due to reception and partly due to fear of disturbing some other circuit (e.g airbags) - Any coments ?
This thread should help with the wiring.

http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1493&highlight=nokia

not sure whether the cark91 cradle would fit in the armrest insert - I had a cark91 previously and the cradle is much deeper than the 6310i factory cradle that I'm about to install to connect to Comand, which I'm also hoping to hide in the armrest insert (when I get the parts !) - but then again - not sure how much room there is inside the 209 armrest . . . maybe enough ?

I have a tax disc aerial which works well, and is un-noticeable unless you know its there.

S.

You said that you are about to buy a cark 91 for a 6310i.. would you be interested in a used one? I have one in my car at the moment but am going to take it out as i have changed phone to a Sony

Regards

Tan

clk270 said:
Sorry Tan, just got one off eBay for £35

No worries

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom