W203 C220 CDi Auto Dipstick

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

petera.smith@vi

HI, I know I can check engine oil level at the dashboard, but is there an oil dipstick on this engine. I have found one dipstick in the engine bsy at the back offside, it has a sort of security clip locking it.

I would like to check if the dealer has changed the oil before I collected the car. Peter

petera.smith@vi said:
HI, I know I can check engine oil level at the dashboard, but is there an oil dipstick on this engine. I have found one dipstick in the engine bsy at the back offside, it has a sort of security clip locking it.

I would like to check if the dealer has changed the oil before I collected the car. Peter

The Dipstick you have found with the Tamper proof cap is for the Auto box. I can't help you with regards to the location of your oil dipstick.

Welcome btw.

I dont think that there is an oil dipstick in a 203. It is all engine management controlled. :eek:

On my w203 220 CDI the oil level is indeed on the dash display but there is also an indicator on the side of the engine cover.

Wully said:
On my w203 220 CDI the oil level is indeed on the dash display but there is also an indicator on the side of the engine cover.
Explain some more, please - I'm not aware of any other oil level indicator?

I'll post a photo in the morning to let you see mine.

Ok i may be wrong here and if so i'm sure i'll be corrected but i always thought that the item highlighted was a oil level "back up"

P1010052.jpg

P1010051.jpg

That's an indicator for the air filter.......it measures the amount of restriction in % due to blockage.

If the oil ever gets to register on that guage then you're in deep doo doo.

Knew i'd be wrong....... you know i looked the owners manual and couldn't see anything about that gauge.

Leason for for, join a member club and you learn every day!

Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom