W203 C220 CDI hesitation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amazighman

Car
CLK 430
Hi guys.

My C220 CDI W203 has got an annoying problem which happens every now and again .

When I am accelerating usually around 1500-2000 RPM I can feel the car has no power , hesitation and the Rev Counter fluctuate a little bit... I give it more beans it still hesitates but then kicks back into life and goes like a sting.
Fuel economy seems a tad low , 28 town and 42 on Motorway 18 mile journey to work.
I DID check for codes with Icarsoft but none stored .
Did clean the EGR and MAF before... And cleared the EGR left positionner error which never came back.

Any ideas?.
THANKS

Could try resetting the throttle loads on the internet about how to do it.

When was the fuel filter last changed?

Do these EGRs fail or deteriorate without a warning light? Maybe their motors become weaker?

When I check the Exhaust gas recirculation with Icarsoft its is 5% at idle but goes up if I press the pedal..

How to check the Valve works properly?

Most likely the EGR valve but you didnt say if you have a DPF on it aswell ? Something you can try on the W03's is disconnect the mass air flow meter connector. Its the big 4 wire one going into the plastic piping beside the airbox. Discnnect it and just hang it away somewhere. It will chuck up the engine management light. Drive it like that for a day or 2 and see if there is any diffirence. You not mentioned any wooshing noises or any kind of air leaks so i have not suggested any intake hoses or anything............... Yet....

Hi guys.

My C220 CDI W203 has got an annoying problem which happens every now and again .

When I am accelerating usually around 1500-2000 RPM I can feel the car has no power , hesitation and the Rev Counter fluctuate a little bit... I give it more beans it still hesitates but then kicks back into life and goes like a sting.
Fuel economy seems a tad low , 28 town and 42 on Motorway 18 mile journey to work.
I DID check for codes with Icarsoft but none stored .
Did clean the EGR and MAF before... And cleared the EGR left positionner error which never came back.

Any ideas?.
THANKS

No dpf and i dont get any whooshing sound and all intake pipes are looking good.
Although I cleaned the EGR and my Icarsoft shows exhaust gas recirc increases with acceleration which indicates a working EGR. I can only think that the Egr motor might be a bit weak ... The problem is there after the car has warmed up ... and it is intermittent
Most likely the EGR valve but you didnt say if you have a DPF on it aswell ? Something you can try on the W03's is disconnect the mass air flow meter connector. Its the big 4 wire one going into the plastic piping beside the airbox. Discnnect it and just hang it away somewhere. It will chuck up the engine management light. Drive it like that for a day or 2 and see if there is any diffirence. You not mentioned any wooshing noises or any kind of air leaks so i have not suggested any intake hoses or anything............... Yet....

Well, did u disconnect ur MAF ?

No dpf and i dont get any whooshing sound and all intake pipes are looking good.
Although I cleaned the EGR and my Icarsoft shows exhaust gas recirc increases with acceleration which indicates a working EGR. I can only think that the Egr motor might be a bit weak ... The problem is there after the car has warmed up ... and it is intermittent

Yes ...it ran worse...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom