W203 C220 CDI OM646 boost issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amazighman

Car
CLK 430
Hi chaps.

I had this problem for quite some time and i haven't been able to identify the problem... No fault codes either.

What happens is that when the engine is warmed after like 15 mile drive , I get this lack of power under acceleration and car feels gutless, the RPM needle seem to hesitate , fluctuate and doesn't want to climb or climb then stop then climb again when I press gas pedal , Unless I floor it then it goes ok

I thought It might be stuck turbo vanes , I put some turbo vane cleaning additive in the tank twice , some improvement but problem still happens especially after long drives .

I plugged in Icarsoft 980 and drove back from work 17 miles keeping an eye particularly on the charge pressure positionner ( hopefully means Turbo Actuator) , it seems to work fine values go up and down as I accelerate and ease off , However when I press the pedal down trying to accelerate and the hesitation happens then the charge pressure positionner value is showing stuck at 95% and car feels gutless again untill I gas more then the value drops.

Could it be turbo actuator thats playing up?

Thanks

Yes it could be. Your diagnosis equipment may not be puling all the codes either.

If revs go all the way up but no power usually the back pressure sensor, situated behind the dipstick. if u have a limp mode problem where it does not rev above 3000rpm then most likely a boosting problem due to a leaking boost hose (a common problem on this car).

Hi chaps.

I had this problem for quite some time and i haven't been able to identify the problem... No fault codes either.

What happens is that when the engine is warmed after like 15 mile drive , I get this lack of power under acceleration and car feels gutless, the RPM needle seem to hesitate , fluctuate and doesn't want to climb or climb then stop then climb again when I press gas pedal , Unless I floor it then it goes ok

I thought It might be stuck turbo vanes , I put some turbo vane cleaning additive in the tank twice , some improvement but problem still happens especially after long drives .

I plugged in Icarsoft 980 and drove back from work 17 miles keeping an eye particularly on the charge pressure positionner ( hopefully means Turbo Actuator) , it seems to work fine values go up and down as I accelerate and ease off , However when I press the pedal down trying to accelerate and the hesitation happens then the charge pressure positionner value is showing stuck at 95% and car feels gutless again untill I gas more then the value drops.

Could it be turbo actuator thats playing up?

Thanks

I don't think this car has a back pressure sensor... It has no dpf

A lot of mechanics who have not worked on Mercedes cars get confused with back pressure sensors and O2 sensors (absolutely no dis-respect to them) and assume when a back pressure sensor is mentioned that it is the O2 sensor being spoken about which isnt the case. 2 completely seperate things.

I ll have a look if it's there behind dipstick....

I cant see any.... All i found was the charge pressure sensor connected to a hose just before the EGR

See picture below

Attachments

• IMG_20200608_190902_copy_1500x2000.jpg
    IMG_20200608_190902_copy_1500x2000.jpg
    746.9 KB · Views: 20
If you look down to the right of the EGR valve behind the fuel filter Its quite deep down there coz its awkward to get such a big socket onto it. It should be there. Look for the electric socket wires coming off it. Will be like a kinda spark plug. with the connector plugged into it.

See picture below

Might not be same fault/solution but sounds very much like it.

How was your car behaving when that sensor failed?

Facing a similar issue here. Were able to find a solution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom