w203 c220cdi auto saloon 2003 limp mode once car warm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shez

Car
W203 C220 CDI AUTO SALOON 2003
Hi ' everyone , I'm new to the forum so please excuse my lack of knowledge and information .

Any help would be greatly appreciated . I am stuck with my recently purchased cc220cdi classic saloon 2003 w203 143hp auto 168,000 miles .

The problem I am having is going into limp mode once the car is warm and at normal temperature . I've changed the throttle pedal as when kickdown button was being pressed . It said epc error visit workshop . So after changing thathe whole pedal It does not display that message . Also all four glow plug's were gone so changed them . passenger seat mat was faulty so got an emulator from ebay that has done the trick . But still requires the srs light to be reset via diagnostic. The 4th injector closest to the windscreen side was leaking so ive changed the seal amd the bolt.. still going into limp mode :fail : (
I really need to get it properly diagnosed . As guess work is just not working . I do believe that the transmission might be causing it . As once warm . And you start the car revs past 3000rpm fine . But as soon as you engage any gear goes in limp mode . Will not rev past 3000rpm and turbo will not spule or kick in . However when the car is cold it will stay out of limp mode till warm. That being said my ambient temperature sensor was dangling down and displaying +85°c . So have ordered a new one should be here by tomorrow . And also the temp gauge will not reach +80°c or go past it :dk:. So I assume that sensor needs changing as well . Or even the thermostat .
Sorry for rambling on and on . I just wanted to cover everything . And hope someone can guide me in the right direction :confused:

Temp gauge issue sounds like it could be the thermostat may aswel replace the sendor in the housing to, some stats come with the sensor.

If it's gone into limp mode id have thought there will be a fault code, so best get this read.

Welcome to the forum btw :)

Temp gauge issue sounds like it could be the thermostat may aswel replace the sendor in the housing to, some stats come with the sensor.

If it's gone into limp mode id have thought there will be a fault code, so best get this read.

Welcome to the forum btw :)

hi ' thanks I will enquire about the thermostat and get that replaced . Also the outside air temperature sensor came . And thats workng fine now atleast .

I wil try and get the codes read to see what it throws up .

Thanks for the reply

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom