w203 C270 cdi manual?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carat 3.6

MB Enthusiast
Car
S124 E300d wagon, W124 om606 monster, E46 v8 coupe
Guys, recently I have been spending alot of time with the neighbours 2002 c270, I've been using it as my daily runabout while they are away and I am starting to get rather fond of it.

Now as good as the auto box is, I would prefer to have a manual. A quick search on ebay came up with 3 such cars, one of which is the sort of thing I want but not with that interior,:eek: plain black leather would be better. eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

How common are these in manual, and dose the gearbox feel as rubbery as the old manuals did?

Any input or experiences welcome.:)

Bit of a wasted answer this, because I truly do not know! ...

I recently picked up my C270 CDI Auto (53plate) ..but in talking to a few friends that are hardened Merc fans before hand, I was advised on THIS model at least .. "NOT THE MANUAL" :dk:

Hope someone else can shed some light for you ....

On the flip ... my mate had a Limo with this engine in it, and swears by it .. he got rid of it with 495'000 miles on it!!!! (5 Cyl engine) ..

When i bought my c270 auto i was told by various dealers that they tend to steer clear of the manuals as they find them hard to shift. So in theory they should be a bit cheaper

I have driven a few C220 diesel manuals of the newer shape rather than the 202 shape.

Being an "automan" I find the gearboxes good. If you are happy enough with slow precise gear changing I don't see or feel a problem with them. I have never tried "spirited" driving in one with snappy gear changes. Just not my style.

Really great to hear of a 5 cylinder getting past the 400,000 miles mark. I have C 270 di, seven years old now and it has been - and is a fin e car. But what of those alarming tales about the Valeo radiator leaking in to the ATF? Is this an odd scare or a problem that should be faced now with a replacement rad? An d how much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom