W203 (C270) New struts/shocks ball joints

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SMP142

Car
2003 C270
Hello all,

I currently own a C270 and just the other day my front strut blew out and leaked oil all over my garage floor. I knew I was in need of new components a few months back, but I figured it may last until summer.

My question is whether or not my C270 has different struts and shocks than other W203 models? I know there were different spring rates and heights offered, but I just want to make sure I get the correct ones. It's an Avantgarde and rides pretty stiff. That may be due to the old suspension though. I know my front end weights more than others due to the 2.7 diesel. and thus I would think it uses a heavier duty strut.

I plan to source bilstein, but does anyone use KYB?

Parts numbers would be great if anyone knows them.

I also plan to replace all of the front steering components as well. My balls joints have a slight bit of play in them, so I am just going to to it all at once. Is there a particular brand to stay away from with these? I have seen many brand online, but am still new to the MB world.

Anything known to go bad in the rear?

Also forgot to mention I am in Italy, so I don't have access to a lot of MB parts around here. I may have to order online.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom