W203 C32 AMG Strange electrical problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DennisM

Car
W203 C32 AMG 2001
Hi guys, my c32 has gotten completely nuts. While I was driving my car, a message popped up indicating a brake cable wear. The car went straight into limp mode. I panicked, stopped and turned the car off. When I tried to start it, it didn't want to start anymore. This problem has occured in the past, the previous owner told me about it. In the process of fixing the problem, he found a way of starting the car with a wire. Purple wire on the brown connector in the fuse box to a 40 amp fuse, starts the car. But the car starts in limp mode. He replaced the abs unit and the problem went away. Now the problem is back. I connected the purple wire and the 40 amp fuse and I was able to drive the car home in limp mode. I assumed it was water damage. I parked the car in the garage, let it dry up with the battery unplugged. After a day the car started with the key. The horn, wipers, alarm tweeter, cig lighter... all refused working. The SRS and ESR were sometimes ok and sometimes not. After driving the car around a few days everything slowly started working again. Today the car thought: nah i don't feel like it. And refuses to start with the key. It was parked in the garage so could not have gotten wet.

What are possible causes? Doesn't this sound like an EIS problem? Or does the car go in some kind of safe mode and refuse to start until i fix the brake cable? If I connect all the problems it could be the SAM module. Or maybe wiring?

My friend with an OBD scanner is on vacation, so OBD diagnosing is currently not possible. What is the correct approach of finding the cause of the problem? How do I check the wires? Are there any common weak points?

Thank you!

Dennis

Dennis, I’m sorry to hear about the problems with your C32. Unfortunately I can’t help you, but I hope the issues are resolved quickly.

Thanks mate, hope that someone can shed more light on this problem. Here is a video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom