W203 C32 Digital Climate Panel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Neil Mackay

Car
C32 AMG Estate
Hi Guys,

Ive recently changed my '03 dual digital climate panel to a '53 dual control from a C320. Since then, I have struggled to get the temperature to go to "Hi", it goes warm from 21 degrees upto about 25 degrees and then blows cold again as you go up towards "Hi". Question is, do panels need to be coded to the car by STAR, or are they plug and play. If plug and play, what could the problem be (im assuming blending flap actuator) and how do you get into the diagnostic settings on the climate panel and what should the panel display once in diag mode.........

Thanks
Neil

You could try resetting the flaps/blowers and panel..

IGN on, press and hold the Recirc and Defrost buttons ~5sec until they start flashing. Wait until they stop flashing, could be 20-30sec. The Defrost led remains lit. Switch off IGN. Wait approx 30sec the switch IGn back on.

If the leds don't stop flashing after approx 90sec reset has failed and it will need to be done on STAR.

Last edited:
whitenemesis said:
You could try resetting the flaps.. IGN on, press and hold the Recirc and Defrost buttons ~5sec until they start flashing. Wait until they stop flashing, could be 20-30sec. The Defrost led remains lit. Switch off IGN. Wait approx 30sec the switch IGn back on. If the leds don't stop flashing after approx 45sec reset has failed and it will need to be done on STAR.

Yeah I've tried that one. I know I have got some dodgy flaps but just seems odd as the heat side of things always worked! Thanks for your input

Hardly any heat now! Bloody car will put me 6ft under at this rate

Just had both footwell flap actuators sorted! The charcoal flap had been disconnected already by the previous owner!! £195 labour.......£3.50 parts! Auto climate returns! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom