W203, C32 - PAS fluid confusion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skattrd

Car
Mercedes C32 & W202 C250TD
Hi,
My C32 needs power steering fluid topping up, simple, what should I put in?

According to autodata, it uses std ATF type stuff.
According to MB tech data I saw elsewhere it should use CHF 11s

I had a peek in the PAS reservoir and the fluid currently in there looks like an amber sort of colour. This could be aged ATF or something else?
Is CHF 11s usually green?

Suggestions on what to put in appreciated. The last thing I want to do is cause any problems by mixing fluids that shouldn't be mixed.

If it comes up to the same spec, (just goggle the specs) why spend more money just to have MB stuck on the tin.

They're not the same spec, and I'm not sure whats been used in mine, there could even be the old yellow Merc PAS fluid in it.

I've found that Prestone do a universal PAS (euro car parts sell it) that supposedly works with any PAS, so I'm going to get some of that to top up for now.
I think I'll flush and change over to the CHS 11s when I get chance to give it a proper flush.

If you buy it from Merc I don't think it's hideously expensive, and you know the spec will be spot on.

CHF11S is green but turns amber like when old.
Comma CHF11S is available from Halfords for a tenner so you can do a complete drain and refill or just vaccum whats in the reservoir and replace with fresh fluid 3 times should refresh the fluid.

Not sure if this will help , I replaced the fluid on my 2006 W203 C55. I had no idea what was needed because the old oil was black and had a burnt smell to it. After much searching I gave up and went to a MB main dealer who sold me

MA001 989 24 03/13 HYDRAULIC OIL OIL0103C...thats how it appears on the invoice . £14.50 a litre

I did my change the 'long' way. simply syringed as much as I could get out of the header tank after every journey and topped it up until it was clear. This method used about 3 litres. Getting the front off the ground and doing it the official way is probably better , but I was in a 'daily drive' situation and I guessed doing something was better than doing nothing on what was then a 100K mile car...150K now

Cheers guys, I still haven't got round to doing this yet, but I have decided that CHF is the way to go.
I've got some CHF and also some "Prestone universal PAS fluid" to do the change.

My plan was to drain it and then refill with the universal stuff to flush it out, then drain that and refill with CHF.... simples ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom