W203 C32 - random alarm noises - need to disable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMG J

Car
C32 AMG estate and Audi TT 3.2V6 w.DSG (mk2)
Hello

Last night whilst at Tesco my alarm started making strange noises. Not the full alarm sound, just parts of it. It started after I unlocked the car, but would not stop even when I locked the car, then unlocked it, and even with the key in the ignition. Stopped in the end randomly.

Happened again in the evening just as everyone in my quiet cul-de-sac were settling down to sleep. Car was locked, and the alarm started making itself known. I went out and a full scale car alarm went off, so I just jumped in and drove off with the alarm wailing!

Found a quiet spot away from houses (was 10:45pm by this point), and pulled out the fuse manual. Fuses 8,9 and 41 are connected to the alarm so I took those out. I broke into the car to test it (using the manual key) and the lights flashes but no alarm. Great.

However, fuses 8,9, and 41 disable loads of things. So it's not great. I am trying to save a bit of cash, so want to avoid taking it somewhere to get it fixed. I am happy not to have an alarm. On the web I have heard that just taking out fuse 8 should disable the alarm but leave other functions working.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of this? Am I safe just to leave out fuse 8?

I'll have a play with it today aswell and feedback, but advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

AMG J

Can't help, sorry, other than to say that it is probably not wise to leave an AMG (of any description) un-alarmed... and even more so if you have full comp.

I put 9 and 41 back in and all has returned to normal with the exception that a) the alarm doesn't sound (good) and b) the remote central locking doesn't work unless I'm within a foot of the driver's door.

At least the neighbours won't be woken now and I won't be embarrassed again whilst I'm out. Will get it looked at professionally in due course.

At the garage now - it's supposedly the siren (as per BlackC55's comment). New one being fitted....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom