W203 C320 CDI - front antiroll bar bushes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twoakers

Car
W203 C320 CDi
Quick question for our forum experts
Thought I'd quickly change the antiroll bar bushes this weekend.
Ordered a pair form GSF and they do not fit :wall bash:
My mounting brackets have a rib that fits in the rubber groves.
The ones sent by GSF "equivalent to 203 323 20 85" made by Vetech have a rib on the outside of the rubber bush.
GSF do not stock suitable bushes for my car.
So now got to send the wrong ones back.....
Anyone know what bushes I need to do the job and where from please?

Depending on spec, some ARB bushes are bonded to the bar.

Have you approached your dealer parts dept with your VIN for price and availability?

Depending on spec, some ARB bushes are bonded to the bar.

Have you approached your dealer parts dept with your VIN for price and availability?

No not yet :dk:
Simple job - or so I thought....
So from what you say does the whole bar and bushes have to be changed?

Which year is the car? As I recall, facelift W203 onwards have bonded ARB's.

Had mine done a couple of months ago. Same problem, I thought it was going to be a cheap and quick fix and i intended to do my self, bought the bushes, but didn't get around to changing them. Car was soon due a service, so I asked my local indie to do the bushes at the same time, which he agreed to, using the bushes I had. Come the day... surprise, surprise... wrong bushes. He orders some from main dealer, they arrive within a couple of hours... wrong ones, he checks with dealer, they check... no longer available! Doh!

New anti-roll bar with bonded bushes required, ordered accordingly and fitted. Different car. Anti-roll bar circa £65. Part number for mine is A2033234465

Last edited:
My 2001 S203 C270 I could not buy the ARB bushes, I had to buy the complete ARB with the bushes pre-installed. 2001 is pre-facelift! I got the ARB, plus quite a few other front suspension bits I was having replaced to cure the front end knock, at an excellent price from MB Manchester.

More proof, if any were needed, that the lunatics have taken over the MB asylum

Nick Froome

Same with many models. Cannot buy just the bushes and no aftermarket sources. Really daft.

Which year is the car? As I recall, facelift W203 onwards have bonded ARB's.

It's 2005 on a '55' plate if that helps...
....and from what others have added it would appear to be the 'bonded' bushes :doh:
That is, the whole rubber bit goes round the bar with no split.

Anyone know where best to source MB stuff local to Harwich in Essex?

Can't help with dealer in Harwich, your nearest one could be Ipswich, but these guys are good and offer delivery. Mercedes-Benz Parts, Inchcape

Give them a call or drop then an email, give them your reg number or VIN as there are at least two different diameter ARB's for these cars. As said in my post above, they are approx £65 inc of VAT.

Thanks guys for your updates and suggestions so far :thumb:
I will update y'all when I solve this simple problem....
.....meanwhile need to get my posts up to 30 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom