W203 C320 rear springs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bert301

Car
Mercedes-Benz C320 Avant-garde W203
I've just had the rear springs replaced on my C320. The garage has said that the suspension will settle to the correct ride hight. I'm also getting knocks over minor bumps aswell. Anyone know what the norm is after springs have been replaced?
Thanks

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

I changed mine myself and as far as I can tell there was no settling period, and certainly no knocks.

When I changed just one spring the ride height was the same as the other side and there was no settling or knocking.

Back to the garage I think!

Many factors to consider here.

The ride height may well be very slightly higher initially but should have settled within a day.

There should be zero bangs or clonks.

They have either fitted the wrong springs? Or They have fitted the correct springs wrongly?

It is possible that when fitting the springs they have disturbed bushes that were on their last legs. Replacing those at the same time may be best practice (but not what you want to pay for). It is possible that they have not correctly tightened the suspension arms correctly allowing them to bang/knock. Or they have removed the spring pads? Caution here as I am not sure your car has rubber pads.

It could also be your exhaust that has been moved/disturbed.

I would take it back and ask them to check it over as it should not be making any noises.

Went back to the garage. All noises gone. Just the ride hight is out which they acknowledge. Will return in a week if it doesn't change

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom