W203 C55 AMG....how many sold in the UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vlad

MB Enthusiast
Car
Various Mercs come and go
Does anybody know how many W203 C55 AMG's were sold in the UK?

Secondly could you buy a C55 in any of the colours standard to other W203's or were they limited to certain colours?

Many thanks

Thanks for the heads up on the How Many Left site. I had a suspicion that the C55 was probably one of the rarest of the 55's

Like many of these niche cars the relatively low numbers are only reflective over the fact that cost made them unpopular, they were not limited in any way.

I think when I had my 208 CLK55 they were imported in relatively low numbers, about 200 or so from memory - essentially as £60k+ for a CLK in the early 00s was a lot of money when you could buy a basic model CLK for about half of that cost, and when spending £60k+ (and the associated running costs/depreciation) there’s probably other more popular car choices that are worthy of consideration. Interest rates were also a bit higher back then, 5/6% so I guess financing cars like that would have been a bit more expensive too - or people had less free cash for car payments/purchases.

I’d think similarly this applies to the C55, nice cars but a lot of money new for a 203 at the time with a big engine.

But like most large petrol engined cars they are usually great secondhand buys a few years down the line :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom