W203 Cclass brake pad HOWTO

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I joined up today after buying W203 disc pads and removing a front wheel.
These calipers looked unusual, I wondered what I had taken on!
looked online, found the MB forum and used the Europa Auto links recommended by grober in Perth.
Job undertaken quickly, easily and with confidence. These are well designed brakes.
Many thanks for the help.
Geoff
2007 C220CDi estate / MGB Roadster / MGB V8 with efi

I joined up today after buying W203 disc pads and removing a front wheel.
These calipers looked unusual, I wondered what I had taken on!
looked online, found the MB forum and used the Europa Auto links recommended by grober in Perth.
Job undertaken quickly, easily and with confidence. These are well designed brakes.
Many thanks for the help.
Geoff
2007 C220CDi estate / MGB Roadster / MGB V8 with efi

That's what this forum is all about. Glad you found the links helpful. :thumb: Most routine servicing isn't rocket science :confused: but a pictorial walk through just gives you the confidence to try a new bit of "spannering".;)

If you are using MB pads they are sided. This HOW TO does not show this.

Also the hub needs to be inspected fully for any corrosion and if there is any flakey rust this needs to be removed otherwise the disc will warp.

If you are using MB pads they are sided. This HOW TO does not show this.

Also the hub needs to be inspected fully for any corrosion and if there is any flakey rust this needs to be removed otherwise the disc will warp.

Yes rear MB pads all fitted OK (surprised no rear pad wear indicators) all wheel mating surfaces cleaned with emery. Just about caught them in time, only a couple of mm left, as I was waiting for the wear indicators to trigger. Rear pads didn't appear to be sided. Will get round to changing the fronts next year (only do about 3000 miles per ann).

Just tried those and neither link works. Eight years later they've probably redesigned the website and lost the how-to's…

Try this video instead
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And the rear pads.

Last edited:
Try this video instead

And the rear pads.

It's that easy? Think I'm going to buy me some parts…

I always take the brake fluid cap off and stick a rag around it incase it goes above the lid when u push the piston in. Something Ive always done. Anybody agree that is something else to add to the video. Before starting the job remove the brake fluid cap and apply a rag around the brake fluid reservoir ? Also apply some greaze on the back of the pads to stop any loud brake pad noise. I also put some grease on the top and bottom of the slider parts of the pads. Cracking video them guys do tho. They also do a few great ones on the suspension parts for W03's.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom