W203 CD radio failed - suggest replacement?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ched999uk

Car
C230K 1.8 Coupe Evo Pano
Have a pre facelift W203 coupé (03 reg) and the radio wont work any more (very poor reception) and the display is illuminating most of the symbols and it's difficult to read. I believe it's an audio 10 with 6 disc changer in glove box.

Not bothered about sat nav but would like to replace the cd radio with a working one that can connect to steering wheel controls and maybe to cd changer.

Any idea what options I have or is it best to just find a second hand audio10 (are there different models of the Audio10 to connect to changer)?
Alternatively does anyone know anyone who can fix it?

Thanks for any help.

Looks like a second hand audio 10 it is then?

I do know it's interesting to remove - there's an old thread of mine on here with a link to a US write-up and photos of "how to". I believe that to integrate with the steering wheel buttons, a replacement Audio 10 is your best bet - and as you already have the CD changer, the cheap option would be one with casette rather than CD.

I'll see if I can find the link.

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13302

Last edited:
I have a second-hand Audio-20 from a facelift model (MY 2006)... but I doubt that it's a simple retrofit to a pre-facelift car, I suspect you may need to replace quite a few other bits to get it installed. Have you tried eBay for second-hand Audio-10?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom