W203 central locking issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HåvardR

Car
2003 C180 Kompressor wagon
Hi,
I have a 2000 w203 with central locking problems I hope someone have seen before.

If I lock/unlock remote with the key I can hear a relay click in the trunk and (sometime) the indicators flash (not always) BUT the doors do not open/close...

When the car is turned off you can hear a locking sound from all the door locks every 10 sec. but nothing is happening.

If I press unlock on the key the driver door unlocks(on the next "10 sec round") but all other doors is still locked. Door locks still make sound every 10 sec without enything happening. If I press lock the driver door lock when the "next 10 sec round is hitting)

If I sit inside the car and press unlock on the interior switch ALL the doors open on the "next round". Pressing lock and every door locks. But the car still tries to lock.

When engine is running the interior door switch dont do enything.

Have used STAR but no fault codes found...

Get someone experienced in using STAR ...

Battery have been disconnected over night without any difference. I have tried with another battery. Disconnected upper control panel and tried disconnected front left door module without luck.

When pulling fuse 57 the car stopp making click noise.
Fuse 57 is for "central lock" "ESP" and "enable start".
Is "enable start " the EZS module?

Hi,
I have a 2000 w203 with central locking problems I hope someone have seen before.

If I lock/unlock remote with the key I can hear a relay click in the trunk and (sometime) the indicators flash (not always) BUT the doors do not open/close...

When the car is turned off you can hear a locking sound from all the door locks every 10 sec. but nothing is happening.

If I press unlock on the key the driver door unlocks(on the next "10 sec round") but all other doors is still locked. Door locks still make sound every 10 sec without enything happening. If I press lock the driver door lock when the "next 10 sec round is hitting)

If I sit inside the car and press unlock on the interior switch ALL the doors open on the "next round". Pressing lock and every door locks. But the car still tries to lock.

When engine is running the interior door switch dont do enything.

Have used STAR but no fault codes found...
I had something simliar. After trying several options I bought a second hand central locking pump on flea bay for £12.50 and now everything is fine. You can take the old pump apart to check it once you have removed it.

Battery have been disconnected over night without any difference. I have tried with another battery. Disconnected upper control panel and tried disconnected front left door module without luck.

When pulling fuse 57 the car stopp making click noise.
Fuse 57 is for "central lock" "ESP" and "enable start".
Is "enable start " the EZS module?
iused to have the same issue. i tried to solve it alone with no any luck so i called auto pro locksmith and they help me recover it over the phone
https://www.autoprolocksmith.co.uk/locks-change-london/

Have you disconnected the alarm sounder behind the inner wheel liner on the left hand front wheel. When they go bad they can throw up some bizarre faults that do not show up an any scan tool.

It sounds nuts (and might be) but its a quick and easy thing to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom