W203 Central Locking Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KaraAli

Car
C270 CDI Estate
Hi all,

I've come across a problem with the central locking on my W203. When I open the doors, they all open, but the drivers side makes the clicking sound 4-5 times, with the little thingy on the inside go up and down the same amount of times. Then when i go to lock the car, all doors but the drivers' door locks, and the alarm sounds when i open the door :confused: I have to repeat the locking process 2-3 times sometimes. Any suggestions as to what it is?

Hi all,

I've come across a problem with the central locking on my W203. When I open the doors, they all open, but the drivers side makes the clicking sound 4-5 times, with the little thingy on the inside go up and down the same amount of times. Then when i go to lock the car, all doors but the drivers' door locks, and the alarm sounds when i open the door :confused: I have to repeat the locking process 2-3 times sometimes. Any suggestions as to what it is?

it's a common problem... on W203 at least:dk: You need a new door look mechanism. If you are enough used to DIY is a job you can perform at home, 1-1.5 hours needed mainly to remouve door card and put off the mechanism and put inside door the new one.
I did mine by myself:)

cheers

thanks for the help mate, much appreciated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom