w203 central loking distance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MBc220

Hello guys I have previously asked this question.
In my W203 c220 cdi auto eleg. to open the doors I have to be in around 1m from handle where the sensor is, and some times I have to use the little key bcos won't open. Is this normal? I have replace battery twice in last month as you suggested but its always the same. It's quiet annoying :dk:
thanx for help.

Do you have a second key, does the same happen?

when you change batteries did you reset key also the receiver may be faulty im sure its in the rear pillar of car the IR part may be gone

when you change batteries did you reset key also the receiver may be faulty im sure its in the rear pillar of car the IR part may be gone

Should that be the RF part? IR is received via the driver's door handle and that appears to be working, intermittently, at least. Which is why I asked about the second (spare) key..

Yes I use to have to keys (went to the road drainage canal :/) but they work exactly the same. I was looking i another forums as well and they saying that could be the receiver of RF but if is it then my radio wouldn't work on AM? (it works fine). Any one know cost of fixing this.How get to the receiver??

my C240 W203 has a worse problem - the key command cannot lock/unlock my car, tried clicking all around car but nothing happens. Changed new batteries - same thing....can't unlock/lock/open boot...I can get FM radio reception so what can the problem be? Garage plugged in CPU to diagnose but to no avail, checked all fuses too...

Can anyone please assist in this dire matter?

my C240 W203 has a worse problem - the key command cannot lock/unlock my car, tried clicking all around car but nothing happens. Changed new batteries - same thing....can't unlock/lock/open boot...I can get FM radio reception so what can the problem be? Garage plugged in CPU to diagnose but to no avail, checked all fuses too...

Isn't it obvious from the above replies that you have an issue with the antenna amplifier if your remote does not work from distance and if you have FM radio reception problems?

If your key starts the car, it should open doors via IR. Did you do as whitenemesis explained above, point with your key to your IR receiver at the door handle (observe the IR transmitter position at the key and make sure nothing blocks the IR signal). Of course you may have both a bad antenna amplifier and a broken IR receiver if you are really unlucky.

My remote works indoors over a distance of 3 metres if thats any help

My W203 can be unlocked at quite a distance, definitely from the other side of the street, and even further, if this is of any help.

Thanks DB & Co, will do a check on the IR receiver/antenna next.

thanx for reply :) let say this will be the RF receiver faulty does anybody know anything about solving this problem. I mean "can I do it myself ? what's the part no? how much is it??? I will be very grateful if some good people could answer me for this questions

There is another thing I spotted, I know that some people joining this together. When I open the door with metal key and didn't put the fob within 10 sec alarm should go on but only indicators starts flashing and there is no sound from siren at all :? Some says that alarm can blow fuses and that can case problem with fob and radio.

Anyway my fuses are good for first look (shall I investigate them properly??)

many thanx

thanx for reply :) let say this will be the RF receiver faulty does anybody know anything about solving this problem. I mean "can I do it myself ? what's the part no? how much is it??? I will be very grateful if some good people could answer me for this questions

There is another thing I spotted, I know that some people joining this together. When I open the door with metal key and didn't put the fob within 10 sec alarm should go on but only indicators starts flashing and there is no sound from siren at all :? Some says that alarm can blow fuses and that can case problem with fob and radio.

Anyway my fuses are good for first look (shall I investigate them properly??)

many thanx

Recently had a similar problem with my W203 estate, MB dealer thought it was the aerial amp (approx £400.00 fitted) but turned out to be a faulty alarm siren which had also blown some fuses.

Steve

Alarm sirens are a very very common problem. We fit them all the time. Quite often too the wiring to the siren corrodes too.

This would explain my situation bcos my radio is working perfect anybody have clue how much is cost to do the siren replacement etc ??

had this problem change antenna amp

IIRC they are located in the 'C' pillars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom