W203 Cig Lighter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J7NNO

Car
2012 ML350Cdi
Does anybody know how to get to the back of the cigar lighter in a W203 Saloon. I want to install a second socket under the passenger seat for fridge/dvd player etc. It looks like the entire centre console has to come out which I cant believe.
Or can I ................... :rolleyes:

Nice one fuzzer - when it stops raining I'll give it a go . Thx.

Fuzzer.

Quick thought though. On my car the cig lighter is in not in the ashtray its in the little cubby hole between the armrest and gear lever - do these instructions still apply ?

J7NNO said:
Fuzzer.

Quick thought though. On my car the cig lighter is in not in the ashtray its in the little cubby hole between the armrest and gear lever - do these instructions still apply ?

If its just the pre facelift like youve got , you just need to take the surround off at the gearleaver.

open the ashtray and you need to pull up on the edge of that trim there . its secured by two steel clips at either side so might be a little tight . it will come up just beyond the clips and then pull it forward to release it from the plastic retainer on the oppisite end( end closest to the armrest) . Once up look for the cable described above and should be plain sailing from there.

I used scotch blocks to tap into it. you can get them from halfords for a few pounds , i used the blue 15a ones. remember to run an inline fuse too.

Got in thanks Fuzzer. :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

You sure have to be brave though!!!!

J7NNO said:
Got in thanks Fuzzer. :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

You sure have to be brave though!!!!

Nah , just a little crazy :) ive almost had most of the car apart :D kinda gets easier the more you do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom