W203/CL203 Front SAM Identification Help Req'd

Discussion in 'Parts, Maintenance & Servicing' started by 350_Coupe, Apr 9, 2019.

1. 350_Coupe

350_Coupe Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2005 C350 Coupe SE
    Hi guys,

Hopefully i've posted this in the right section, i need a little help with Identifying the model/part number of the front SAM fitted to my 2005 C350 Coupe, it's currently in a little local garage that have found a wiring problem after investigating an Engine Management Light.

It seems the Secondary Air Injection Pump has gotten a little over enthusiastic and melted the plug in the fusebox mounted to the top of the front SAM :(

I haven't photographed the other side of the plug, but it's actually melted a hole in the back of it, and the female socket of that pin in the plug is completely trashed.

I'm hoping to try and source a second hand plug and section of wiring that can be spliced in, but fear i may be in need of a replacement SAM unit if it turns out damage has extended below, so i was hoping someone might be able to use my VIN number and look up on the Merc system to see which one i need to relpace mine, and also offer any advice regarding if it needs programming/updating or would a simple swap job.

box1.jpg box2.jpg plug.jpg