W203 climate control problem....or not??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonm

Car
...a rental..not saying what !
This ones puzzling me.

With auto climate control off the vent control dial woks as expected, set the dial to any of the 4 settings and all is O/K, up=windscreen, down = feet etc etc.

However, set climate control to auto and the vents immediately move to blow out of dash vents only, regardless of the setting on the dial.

Switch back to 'manual' and the vents work as 'extected' again....

I got the car 2nd hand about 6 months ago, its a 2003 C200K Avantgarde SE, as far as I know its always done this...never really noticed before though.

Is this right???

Cheers

Mine does that - I leave on full auto all the time, only thing I adjust is the cold setting dial for cooler air out of vents and sometimes I adjust the large dash vent, which I close if I want max cooling onto face when it's really hot.

Only use the windscreen button in winter to demist, that's about it :)

Thanks Robert

Sounds like all is well, just seemed a bit odd..

Cheers

(Almost repeating an earlier post I made)
Mine's the same too.
I've had a W203 (with standard air con) for 3 mths or so and probably the most dissapointing aspect of the car is that the climate control in my previous car, a Peugeot 406, worked much better - fan speed and temp were auto, but air distribution was 'manual'. It was real 'set & forget'.
In the Merc, in auto mode, I have to set a much lower temp to keep the car cool, and even then it doesn't cope well with the sun going in & out, changes in road speed etc.
I prefer to have the air on the screen (unless it's stunningly hot) and the only way to do this is to use it manually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom