W203 Comand Speed Pulse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

142 TPL

Hi
I have retrofitted a Comand 2.0 in my 2002 C270 Estate and I cant find the speed pulse wire that is meant to be a blck/green wire taped up in the left sill area. I have located a taped up green / black wire but it is one of a pair the other being a yellow / black both terminating in an unused green plug is this the right wire?

Attachments

• photo[1] (7).JPG
    photo[1] (7).JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 75
Well now I am confused as that says the connection to the speed pulse is on the drivers side to a green / White wire

When I did a similar job on my old W208 (APS 30, not full blown COMAND), I found the speed pulse connector block in the passenger door sill (A pillar ??).

On my CLK there was a blue/green type connector block that had (I think) four wires going in, with only three going out. So I used the spare one for my APS unit.

Anyway, as a test I jacked up one wheel, connected a volter meter to the spare wire in the connector block and turned the raised wheel by hand. When I saw the voltage pulsing between 0 and 12 ish volts I knew I had indeed found a speed pulse signal.

You could try similar with the wires you've found.

So if I jack the car up put ignition on turn a wheel I should get voltage if it's a speed pulse wire

Yep.
Try each on in turn and you should hopefully see a voltage on one of them.
Turn the wheel slowly.

There's definitely no other connector block in that sill? You've had a good look down there?

That the only one that don't go anywhere and was taped and the right color.
Is that any wheel ? It's auto so I assume neutral

You shouldn't need it on a W203/W209, only on most of the W208/W210 but not all !

Richard

Thanks Richard it's works a treat without the connection

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom