W203 Command Unit & Multichanger Question!

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by skymastor, May 6, 2007.

1. skymastor

skymastor Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C240 Avantgarde with AMG Styling
    Hi all,

After being informed that I can run my Nav CD from a multi-changer connected to my command unit, I purchased one and fitted it. It connected to the D2B fiber and 3 pin plug from the command unit's harness with ease. On power up the multi-changer kicked to life and the command see's it on the D2B bus and plays CD's without a problem. :bannana:

However, when I put the Nav CD into the multi-changer (the reason why I got it), the command unit does not find it! I am reverted back to using it in the slot within the command unit. :mad:

I have looked through the vehicle & command manual's and found no reference to using a multi-changer with a Nav CD. Can anyone confirm if it is possible to use your Nav CD this way? Or does the vehicle require the multi-changer to be coded to it by a MB stealership using STAR for this to work?

Thanks in advance :)

Sky..

2. ckember

ckember Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    GLC 350d AMG Premium plus
    The nav cd has to go in the command unit, however you then cant listen to cd's, so having the cd changer allows nav and cd playing at the same time. This is what I do.

3. television

television MB Club Veteran

Car:
    R230 SL500
    And that is the only way it will work.

malcolm

4. OP
    OP
    skymastor

skymastor Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C240 Avantgarde with AMG Styling
    Thanx 4 This..

Thanx Guy's,

So I take it from what you have said that the Nav disk does not work in the multi-changer? Oh bugger! That was a waste of money then! Well at least I can listen to CD's (in the multi-changer) at the same time as using the Nav..

:rock:

5. whitenemesis

whitenemesis MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Lexus RC300h F-Sport 2019
    So, put your cds in the multi changer and leave the sat nav in the head unit...whats the beef? I cant see how you loose?