w203 command unit v2 wont eject nav disc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cv65user

I have w203 c class I believe it is command v2 unit .The nav was working intermittently. ie. I started the car, the Nav splash screen would load and would say no disc inserted then half way through the journey. The cd slot seemed to start recognise the nav cd and the maps would load up ok but it would never eject the CD.Other day I pres eject and it was my first time to see the CD eject so I just looked at the CD, then ever since I put it back to the slot above the screen (where it originally came from , as I have 6 CD changer on glove box). Now the command system , as soon as I press the Nav button it doesnt even think that the CD is there and says no cd inserted immediately other then a few clicks and whirrs .I looked on the forums today and it seems common problem with the platten roller getting slipperly after accumulating grime/dirt. I can use a butter knife or something to lever the slot to help press the CD against the roller to hopefully spit it out.I also looked on DIY how to dissassembly but does this mean I need a whole new command unit? or just the cd section is replacable as my screen is OK?

Last edited:
further to my post. i pushed in an butter knife and used it to lever the cd against the rollers. and it always eject with the help. having checked the quality of the map cd , it is practically brand new . no scratches on it what so ever.

i will try copying it and putting it through a cd lens cleaner

If you burn a copy , the laser will eventually fail as the reflective surface of copies is not as great as the originals , so the laser is in use more. So i've been told.

Copying the nav discs are a nightmare there is so many copy protect keys within the CD/DVD it took me about 25 attempts to copy my Brand new disk to use as a back up. The issue of burning out the laser is a new one on me, not to say it is untrue but the laser only acts fundamentaly like a litght switch reading data as a series of 0s and 1s (on and off).
Thats enough of the techie stuff the main reason I ask if it is a copy is due to the fact they tend to get stuck in the eject drive my thoughts on the reason for this is CDRs for example tend to have very smooth fronts AND backs and possably the rollers dont grip too well however on the originals the printed side is slightly textured thus the rollers tend not to slip

Alfie , from comand.co.uk told me.

Well it must be true then LOL
If it does in fact using CDRs causes the laser to burn out then I wonder why MB have in the latest firmware update included a patch to play MP3 cds on the command unit.
Lets face it the command head unit is only like any other CD/DVD player out there as in its a player the same used to be said about chipping a Playstation which used black CDs oh using CDRs will damage the laser...but it never did

hi

i can confirm the cd is geniune or it seems so to me as its branded teleatlas united kingdom/ireland DX on it for use to blaukpant. its not a copied one. its cd of 428mb titled cd1-1881 v3?? i can see the contents of the cd in my computer it just has alot of *.dat files with one or two text files.

it wont copy , a-scanner says it has some sort of safedisc 2/3 protection so i presume it must be the geniune version?

It sounds the real McCoy Try using a air duster in the slot with CD removed a tin is a couple of quid from FleaBay.
If all else fails and you feel compitant to service the unit yourself check this link out first Comand 2.0 Servicing and Disassembly

i am confident to dissassemble it. but my only problem is will the D2B fibre optic system then loose its devices and will need a wake up call?

as my last garage replaced the footwell vent gears and as a result removed the whole dash and when the command centre was re connected it kept saying no tel no cd no magazine . it was resolved by taking it to a mercedes benz dealer who said he has to re program all the devices again. or as i knew it a wake up call and charged £60.

- actually i have just found two like forks in my glvoe box. so is it possible to remove the command centre without having to strip the centre console fascia from gear stick upwards? - its a c320 petrol . x reg .

- i have just tried to copy it with clone cd. it copies as 428mb but says many errors whilst copying it. I heard some people used alcohol 120% software?

this is the contents of the text file on the cd if this is any help?

cd1-1881 v3

Title: TAN
Project-Number: BP-TAN-04029
Project-Name: TAN UK - Ireland 2004/2005 DX
Worm: cd1-1881 v3
Online-Software: ndd31 v5-ece-390-23
Boot-Filetyp: product
Nav-Data: nav1-1809 v2
Map-Data: map1-1809 v2
Quad-Idx: quad1-1842 v3
State: GBR INT IRL
NTL:
DNL:
TOC: tc_b____.toc (default)
Speller: gbr
Copy-Protection: TA_P_2004_2005_310 v1
Date: 02.03.04 (09)
Compose-Tool: SCCS-Vers 1.55 07-03-03
Image-Tool: SCCS-Vers 1.30 11-20-03

You cant copy teleatlas dx discs. Your issue is nothing to do with the cd, it is a common problem with the rollers. The Comand unit is held in by screws so you cannot simply remove it without removing others parts first.

Last edited:
ok the command centre cd slot takes in the cd freely perfectly so would this prevent it from read the cd ?

- its just ejecting i always need to help it out

I would not bother trying to copy the disk as it is not the disk at fault and if the real one is getting stuck then for sure the copy will, I am not sure we should be giving instructions out on the forum on how the beat MBs security.
PM me for details

hi

Thanks for your help. OK, I am not trying to beat the security system. my concern is if I put the cd in and it does not come back out or it causes damage with me messing about with it.

With the costs of a replacement CD I therefore thought id be more happy to play about with a back up copy rather then the £200 original.

I cannot PM you as I do not have a post count over 30+. Can you PM me ?

You cant copy teleatlas dx discs. Your issue is nothing to do with the cd, it is a common problem with the rollers. The Comand unit is held in by screws so you cannot simply remove it without removing others parts first.
Sorry to dissagree but yes you can my 2009/2010 TMC original is in the glove box my backup is in the Command

When making iso image in CDclone use these settings (profile)
[CloneCD WritePrefs]
MAX Write Speed=706
Fix EFM Error=1
Burn RMPS on Disc=0
RecordMethodCount=3
RecordMethod_00=0x04
RecordMethod_01=0x03
RecordMethod_02=0x02
DontRepairSubchannelData=0
AlwaysCloseLastSession=1
AmplifyWeak=1
WriteSpeed=1
[CloneCD ReadPrefs]
MAX Read Speed=65535
Skip Read Error=1
Fast Skip Read Error=1
Read SubChannel Data=1
Read PreGap Area=1
ReadSubData=1
RegenerateData=1
ReadSubAudio=1
AbortOnReadError=0
FastErrorSkip=2
ReadSpeedData=2
ReadSpeedAudio=0
IntelligentBadSectorScan=1
SectorSkip=100
NoErrorReport=0
FirstSessionOnly=0
AudioQuality=1

When burning copy also use these settings write at lowest speed you may succeed first attempt but more than likely it will take several attempts.
Oh and be sure to use high quality disks
Good luck

When making iso image in CDclone use these settings (profile)
[CloneCD WritePrefs]
MAX Write Speed=706
Fix EFM Error=1
Burn RMPS on Disc=0
RecordMethodCount=3
RecordMethod_00=0x04
RecordMethod_01=0x03
RecordMethod_02=0x02
DontRepairSubchannelData=0
AlwaysCloseLastSession=1
AmplifyWeak=1
WriteSpeed=1
[CloneCD ReadPrefs]
MAX Read Speed=65535
Skip Read Error=1
Fast Skip Read Error=1
Read SubChannel Data=1
Read PreGap Area=1
ReadSubData=1
RegenerateData=1
ReadSubAudio=1
AbortOnReadError=0
FastErrorSkip=2
ReadSpeedData=2
ReadSpeedAudio=0
IntelligentBadSectorScan=1
SectorSkip=100
NoErrorReport=0
FirstSessionOnly=0
AudioQuality=1

When burning copy also use these settings write at lowest speed you may succeed first attempt but more than likely it will take several attempts.
Oh and be sure to use high quality disks
Good luck

Unzip this file to your desktop and when using clone cd add as new profile

Attachments

• Teleatlas .zip
    447 bytes · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom