W203 coupe door actuator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anfieldassasin

Car
1988 300ce, E46 323ci, 1990 230ce C124 (sold), cl203 180k (other half)
Hi all

My wife's 2003 w203 c180k coupe passenger side door lock is doing the whole pogo/machine gun type dance/noise. Searching online leads me to believe the spring in the actuator is broken and I've ordered a new 2nd hand actuator.

I read you have to drill out the rivers for the window regulator frame and I want to replace them with bolts and nuts but I don't know what size bolts and nuts I need.

Anyone done this repair before and know the sizes I would need?

Sam

Hi all

My wife's 2003 w203 c180k coupe passenger side door lock is doing the whole pogo/machine gun type dance/noise. Searching online leads me to believe the spring in the actuator is broken and I've ordered a new 2nd hand actuator.

I read you have to drill out the rivers for the window regulator frame and I want to replace them with bolts and nuts but I don't know what size bolts and nuts I need.

Anyone done this repair before and know the sizes I would need?

Sam

When I had a similar problem on a different car I discovered the reason for the rivets was that it was impossible to fit nuts and bolts.
I bought a rivet gun for a fiver, complete with 100 rivets. Made the job quick, simple, and correct. I never needed to replace the item ever again.

Neil

Thanks Neil

I think the rivers were due to concerns over the bolts coming loose over time but I'm equally happy to do the rivets just again I know nothing about rivets and sizing etc.

So size of rivets if anyone knows Will also do! Unless someone tells me that the actuator can be removed without moving the regulator frame

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom