w203 coupe - help/advice fitting parking sensors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jools soul

Car
CLC 180 Kompressor
Hello,

Im looking to fit parking sensors on a W203 2007 (Facelift) coupe SE.

I believe I can do this without removing the whole rear bumper, by just removing the centre trim.

I have found the following video on You Tube, but unfortunately the video is just a pictorial, and the instructions are in Spanish? (I think!).

remove rear bumper, mercedes c220 - YouTube

Could anyone translate this into English for me, or provide some detailed instructions to to remove the rear bumber trim Pleeease :)

Also if anyone could give me the measurements of the original positions of the factory fit sensors, this would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know if it would be possible to retofit the MB ones, or if the car would need coding. So I have decided to go down the aftermarket route.

I have seen the Cobra kits, they look pretty decent, and a lot of main dealers fit these for customers.

Cobra make 2 models, the smaller ones in the link below, are almost flush fitting, and look more original (to me anyway).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390598035600?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item4845904d64

(other alternatives I have concidered are Dolphin or Steelmate). Any suggestion to which are the best, most reliable and match the car closest to the facory originals??

Any advice would be most helpful guys.

Thanks and enjoy the bank holiday... :D

Jools

Last edited:
Steelmate, Laesrline, Cobra would all be good makes. Steelmate if you want the oem looking roof mounted display.

MB do a rear only system called Quick Park but TBH your better off with one of the above.

I would look for a NTG 2.5 and fit a rear camera.

Thanks for the help so far guys.
Does anyone have instructions of how to remove the rear bumper trim panels on the w203 coupe?
Also could do with the measurements of the factory fitted sensors in the centre piece please?
Thanks in advance
Jools

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom