W203 Cracked Alloy Wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geek

Car
2011 W221 S350
I've just got my car back from the stealership.

30K B Service and it needed 2 new front tyres and a new nearside front wheel.

The wheel has a 1" crack across the inside. The garage reckon I hit something. I don't remember it, as something that has damaged a wheel would have been noticeable.

Is the wheel worth anything? eBay, scrap metal, plant pot stand?

Any thoughts and advice?

I'm a tight Yorkshire b&st*rd so would like somthing back for the £170+ that the stealership got from me for 1 wheel!:mad:

Sorry there is nothing you can do with a cast / forged damaged wheel

If you had a normal spare it could have been kept for that

That could explain it!...

Are alloys worth anything at a scrap yard (metal recycler if you are green...)?

I'm a tight Yorkshire b&st*rd so would like somthing back
Make yourself a new coffee table with it ;)

Silver&SprintIP.jpg

That could explain it!...

Are alloys worth anything at a scrap yard (metal recycler if you are green...)?

Hi, sorry to hijack thread but would welcome ideas. I tried to sell 4 alloys on Ebay, they're from a 2002 W203 Avantgarde, apart from them needing a refurb, they are fine. The buy it now price was £120, they didn't sell. Was this too much? (obviously i hear, as they didn't sell!!!) Would i get more from a scrap dealer do you think?

Many thanks,

Hi, sorry to hijack thread but would welcome ideas. I tried to sell 4 alloys on Ebay, they're from a 2002 W203 Avantgarde, apart from them needing a refurb, they are fine. The buy it now price was £120, they didn't sell. Was this too much? (obviously i hear, as they didn't sell!!!) Would i get more from a scrap dealer do you think?

Many thanks,

No the price is nothing like that for scrap

I've just got my car back from the stealership.

30K B Service and it needed 2 new front tyres and a new nearside front wheel.

The wheel has a 1" crack across the inside. The garage reckon I hit something. I don't remember it, as something that has damaged a wheel would have been noticeable.

Is the wheel worth anything? eBay, scrap metal, plant pot stand?

Any thoughts and advice?

I'm a tight Yorkshire b&st*rd so would like somthing back for the £170+ that the stealership got from me for 1 wheel!:mad:

Am I missing something here?

I had my AMG III alloys refurbished last week, (nice job pics soon!) and had a good look at all the damaged, and I mean bent, buckled, cracked, fit for what I would consider nothing alloys that were in for repair. You can get it repaired and completely refurbished for about £55.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom