W203 Cutting Out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

froggiegit

Car
Mercedes C200k
Hi,
Been getting a problem in the last couple of months with my 2001 C200 Kompressor cutting out for no apparent reason.
Had the fuel filter changed last October so shouldn't be that. Changed the Cam position sensor for a new Mercedes one (the one on top the engine) which was obviously faulty because the car went much better after but the cutting out has returned. When I removed the old sensor it had a film of oil on the bottom of it.
The car car cuts out for no apparent reason - sometimes when I'm stuck in traffic sometimes whilst I'm driving normally and the management light doesn't come on.
Changed the MAF sensor for a VDO one - who took over from Siemens (you can see where the Siemens name has been ground off the mould!).
Codes I have got recently include
P220B Bank 2/5 Hot film - from my local garage
P201D Mixture Format - from my local garage
and P0101 from my own code reader
Getting a bit concerned that it could cut out in the outside lane of a motorway
Any thoughts please?
Thanks

I expect you have an air leak. MAF sensors on this engine rarely fail. You have the code because of unmetered air.

Remove the air box and you may find a split breather pipe. They are about £7 from MB.

Thanks - where is the airbox? Is this where the air filter goes?

Still a bit confused, I presume the air goes through the maf sensor which is after the airbox so how could these be unmetered? (I'm a novice so excuse the question!)

Took the airbox off, couple of pipes down there. Any ides what this one looks like (diameter, shape, length, where it goes to and from)
Thanks

It goes from the inlet manifold to the block. about 10Cm long and about 12mm thick.

Can't find any pipe like that below the air box. Engine is 111. Couple of pipes at back of the engine could be one of those

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom