W203 D2B wakeup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

miro

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 slightly modified
I noticed the other day that my car doesnt have a "D2B wakeup".

Is it only for the phone ?

Is it a ring that follows the optical loop or is it a single connection?

Would anyone like to explain to me where it starts and ends ?

Don't know about W203, but its for the CD Changer, and Phone on the W210 / anything with COMAND, and its all devices linked in parallel (not optical - one wire separate from the optical loop) , terminating at the head unit / comand end.

sym said:
Don't know about W203, but its for the CD Changer, and Phone on the W210 / anything with COMAND, and its all devices linked in parallel (not optical - one wire separate from the optical loop) , terminating at the head unit / comand end.

So then, if you have
- BOSE amp (optical link to head end)
- Phone
- TV tuner
- CD changer

All these are residing on the optical D2B bus, then they all have wakeup D2B signals returning to the COMAND ?

Did I interpret that correctly ? :confused:

Does one have a special trick for terminating all these cables in retrofits ?

TV Tuner has no optical output - is wired direct into the C1 & C2 connector on COMAND.

Bose has optical output - yes - so Bose, Phone, and Changer would be wired in a loop with D2B optical cables, and in parrallel with D2B wakeup wire.

D2B optical splice adapters used to make the loop - very simple when you know how, and well documented on here.

S.

sym said:
TV Tuner has no optical output - is wired direct into the C1 & C2 connector on COMAND.

Bose has optical output - yes - so Bose, Phone, and Changer would be wired in a loop with D2B optical cables, and in parrallel with D2B wakeup wire.

D2B optical splice adapters used to make the loop - very simple when you know how, and well documented on here.

S.

Thanks, that clears it up nicely, what is the OEM method for managing the D2B wakeup wires.

OEM method, acccording the wiring diagram that I have for a W210 is to solder the wire for additional devices (Phone etc.) to any point along the main wire running to the CD Changer - only one wire goes into the Head Unit.

sym said:
OEM method, acccording the wiring diagram that I have for a W210 is to solder the wire for additional devices (Phone etc.) to any point along the main wire running to the CD Changer - only one wire goes into the Head Unit.

In that case I would rather use an IDC connector that joins securely without soldering. In AU we have KRONE connectors for the job. Only costs $5 and does up to 6 connections of wires in several diameters.

I also found out that voice recognition is in the D2B optical ring.

Well I guess any form of secure connection is fine . . . however soldering worked OK for me !! :)

S.

All components on the D2B ring are connected to the wake up (C2 pin 10):
- phone
- CD changer
- voice recognition
- teleaid
- bose soundsystem

The wake up wiring goes from C2 pos 10 to the pass side A-pillar were it is connected to a central connector in which all other wake up leads get connected as well...all standard - factory mercedes - no soldering involved.

greetingz,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom