w203 digital climate control

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnch121

Car
c220 cdi
Can a normal w203 climate control be replaced with a w203 digital climate control?

Can a normal w203 climate control be replaced with a w203 digital climate control?

It sure can, there are a number or threads on it, here's one I did a while back: http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/elec...9-luxury-digital-climate-control-upgrade.html

My post if for the pre-facelift W203 but I know that others with facelift models have done the same (using the facelift variant of the control panel).

You'll see that quite a few people of done it with varying degrees of success. There are reports of not all of the units available being compatible. Havigns said that I've done it on 2 or 3 cars and every unit I have tried had worked fine although as you'll see on the thread, you'll need to 'normalise the flaps' and may need to visit someone with star.

You don't gain any functionality, it's just a cosmetic mod.

Hope this helps.

The control panel itself is a straight swap, and will work fine (apart from the REST button which is a feature not available on the basic AC).

The digital control panels do come up on eBay from time to time.

Of course this will upgrade only the control panel itself - the functionality of the AC system will remain the same.

I have a vgc digital control panel for sale. PM if you are interested.
Nick.

£££ How much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom