W203 dpf replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mbstarz

Car
Mercedes c220 cdi sport
Hi all - so I have a dpf issue on my 55 plate w203 c220cdi putting it in to limp mode

The garage have suggested replacing the dpf sensor however cannot guarantee this will cure the issue. I'm gonna try this anyway as it came up on the STAR diagnostic. However it also said the dpf was too full for a regen..

How much is a replacement dpf? I understand dealers I'm looking at £700 mark. However Euro sell them at £226.. Am I missing something here. Will the euro part work fine?

Also what is the labour cost on this sort or job?

Many thanks in advance

I have just put Euro parts DPF on my Sprinter and it works. As long as there are no other faults with things like the turbo or intercooler or any pressure sensors on the blink you should be OK. It will still need to go on STAR to be set up though.

image-1871218652.jpg
Hopefully the attached photo will show the codes Any ideas.

It's getting a new sensor to see if anything changes.. If not may need a new dpf. The dpf cleaner did not work on a long run.

Note, I put the dpf cleaner in an took it on a run for about half hour at 70mph. Checked tail pipe and not a speck of black soot, I was expecting it to chuck out loads of soot!

Last edited:
Will a forced regen work with star?

I had to change a differential pressure sensor before it would work. The ash counter needs to be reset and the a forced regen on STAR may do the trick,it depends just how blocked the DPF is. Looks like you have a pipe leaking from the codes.

Last edited:
Sorted it. Dpf sensor replaced. Forced regen and car running as it should. I better take it for a good run every couple of weeks I think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom