W203 Drivers door gremlins.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dichtung

Car
W203 2.2Cdi
Hello Guys, W203 pre facelift. It started with the window working when it felt like it. Then it stopped working altogether (luckily closed)
I unclipped the door card, and without de-hooking it. stood it on a box on it`s end.
Suspecting switch failure, I unplugged and removed the switch cluster, took it apart, but could not find anything wrong with it. The inner metal switches all clicked normally and the printed circuit looked fine.
I reassembled the door, making sure all the wiring plugs were secure in the module, but the window problem was still there.
When I came to lock the car, I found that the fob would only unlock the driver`s door and would not lock it.
To make matters worse, everytime the car starts moving; a bleep and a red dash warning that the door was open.
To cut a long story short, I suspected and changed the door module, but the symptoms remain, but strangely, the window occasionally works!!o_O
Any ideas ?

Sometimes the wiring loom can break where it passes from the body to the door, the point of maximum flex. May be worth checking.

Did you refit the door trim and the plastic part that goes around the latch, think that’s the bit that actually hits the door switch.
As for the window if it’s not wiring it could be the motor

Thanks Dodipops, Erm Nope. I `ve left that bit off, thinking that it will sooner or later have to be removed again.
I`ll give that one a try. :cool:

Full marks Dodipops, Top man. Your tip solved the lock/unlock problem. many Thanks. :D

I know what I must do...

Hang on a mo Stratman. The window is still wonky. Waiting for HWMBO to sit in and press the button whilst I shove the wires about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom