W203 Drivers door panel removal!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KeithJG

Car
Vauxhall Tourer
I have a slight rattle in my door panel upon startup ....i can slam the door and it stops or i can wind the window down a bit and then up and it stops.

Any one know if left alone will it get no worse or will the window bits etc. come undone and fall to pieces?

In other words what does rattle in a door....any common things?

Best to just take the door panel off and see if anything loose etc.
Firstly it is recommended that you disconnect the negative lead on the battery (ignition off and key out) if the car has side airbags. Its not a hard job to remove the panels but a bit hard to describe without illustrations. i have a haynes manual and its excellent for this type of job. You will need torx screwdrivers for this also.
1. carefully unclip the trim panel from the front of the door grab handle
2. On the front doors, unclip the airbag trim emblem from the door trim panel
3.Remove screw at the rear of the door and remove the door lock trim panel
4. Remove the retaining screw from the door grab handle recess
5. On front doors unclip the mirror inner trim panel and disconnect the wiring connectors as it is removed
6. Where fitted, unclip the door-open light unit from the bottom of the door trim panel
7. Using a wide-bladed or wedge tool, carefully prise off the door panel, working progressively around the edge of the panel until all the clips have been released. Do not use excessive force otherwise clips will be broken
8. Lift the trim panel slightly, and free it from the window channel at the top. Further lift the panel, to clear the lock-operating knob at the top
9. Carefully withdraw the panel from the door, sufficiently to gain access to the lock handle operating mechanism. Unhook the lock operating cable
10. Where applicable, disconnect the wiring plugs from the window switches.

Hope this helps

Thank you for that really helpfull..............just need a dry day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom