W203 drivers side folding mirror

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jameshaydon

Car
W203 C Class
Hi all,

My dash is showing "1 malfunction" and saying that the drivers side light is faulty, however the mirror folds in and out with no problem (as of yet) I took it to a garage at the same time as having the breath hose done, and asked the guy to check it out.

He said the wires may just need resoldering, so he took the mirror apart, however, he has just got back to me and said the wires are beyond repair, and I will need a new wiring loom, at the price of a patent one of £170 and a second hand one of around £80-£100

Has anyone had the same problem, or knows where I could get this part cheaper elsewhere? I only want the malfunction to disappear :(

Many thanks for your time

James

The loom can be repaired but it just takes time. Sometimes the loom gets corroded and this can make soldering a good joint a problem.

Remove the loom fully and re-wire it.

The loom can be repaired but it just takes time. Sometimes the loom gets corroded and this can make soldering a good joint a problem.

Remove the loom fully and re-wire it.

thanks blackc55, could you reccomend where i could go to get this done ? or to save hassle to buy a new loom ?

thanks

james

I got the issue of Driver's side Folding Mirror failing to open at times..and squeaking like hell.. Is this a similar cause as well..

I got the issue of Driver's side Folding Mirror failing to open at times..and squeaking like hell.. Is this a similar cause as well..

not so much squeaking, and the mirror works fine, just the malfunction that wont go :(

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom