W203 Electric Windows

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rpe2

Car
2010 E350 CDI, 2016 Ford SMax
Evening All,

Mother in law :devil: has just returned from a weeks holiday to Iraq (or was it Weymouth), and tells me that the passengers window isn't working. When the switch is pressed, you can hear a click (relay?) from the door panel, but no movement in the mech. Has anyone come accross this before, the car is a 2002 C220.

Thanks

Richard

If you operate the window switch put your ear to the door if you can hear like a motor "turning noise" the motors working but the regulator is faulty.

If you can just hear a click then i would say also your regulator is faulty because it has broken a wire and got itself tied up.

If you cannot hear nothing at all then pull your door trim off and check for power to the motor if you got power then its your motor if not then check the fuse.

Regulators are very common - motors go now and again.
I work for merc :)

I know i'm late here, but where is the regulator!??
From the last post on this topic, this seems to be my problem.
Where is the regulator? can it be repaired? HOW MUCH IS A NEW ONE!!??

thanks

The regulator is the metal mechanism that holds the glass.

Available from MB only.

Window Regulator

I got a Drivers Door window Regulator from Dronsfields.
In first class condition.
I have one used spare at £95 and steel rivets.
Fitting is reasonably hard.

hi all
i have a similar problem in my 2003 c220 cdi coupe !!!
if i try to open the passenger window with the switch on the passenger door nothing happens !!!!
but if i use the one on the drivers door it works fine :confused:

any ideas anyone ????
cheers, andy

hi all
i have a similar problem in my 2003 c220 cdi coupe !!!
if i try to open the passenger window with the switch on the passenger door nothing happens !!!!
but if i use the one on the drivers door it works fine :confused:

any ideas anyone ????
cheers, andy

This one sounds like a faulty switch as opposed to the regulator. If the regualtor was faulty it would not operate from any side.

This one sounds like a faulty switch as opposed to the regulator. If the regualtor was faulty it would not operate from any side.

thanks for your reply
i agree looks like the switch, iv'e ordered one from e bay (hope it's the right 1, it says c class w203 so should fit)
is it easy to get the old one out ?????????
thanks, andy.

thanks for your reply
i agree looks like the switch, iv'e ordered one from e bay (hope it's the right 1, it says c class w203 so should fit)
is it easy to get the old one out ?????????
thanks, andy.

thought i'd let you know iv'e fitted the new switch and all is well :D
andy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom