W203 Engine Management / Diagnostic Light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moosehead

My 2005 W203 C230 V6 has been running cool for the last week or so and I suspected that the thermostat may have gone. It takes 4 or 5 miles to warm up and even then doesn't quite reach the 80 degrees it normally runs at. On a downhill run with not much power on the throttle the temperature drops by another 10-15 degrees.

I spoke to my indie a couple of days ago and he said it sounded like the thermostat and that he would replace it at the next service in a couple of thousand miles time.

This morning I'd driven it about 7 miles when the diagnostic light came on. The engine runs fine and I checked all the levels and drove very sedately home. I tried starting and stopping the engine a few times but the lights still on.

Obviously I can't speak to the indie until Tuesday but does anyone have any thoughts on whether the diagnostic light could be related to the engine running on the cool side? I'm also reluctant to drive the car at the moment and the journey to the indie is approx 40 miles. It sounds like the first thing he needs to do is put it on Star.

If you say where you live, perhaps one of the members here can help you with a code reader over the weekend....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom