W203 estate Licence plate lights.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mastacrx

Car
W203 C270 CDi
Hi chaps,
Can anyone recommend a fault free plate led lights for my W203 estate please. There's a fault on the dashboard and one light has been lost so I thought I'll replace both.

Cheers

Matt

Hi,

The trouble 8s I need tge whole housings as well n9t just bulbs...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I’m confused, the bulbs are plug and play. They will fit where your current festoon type filament bulbs live.

Please explain further?

Cheers,
Abs

If you look in the picture in my case there's just a hole with the loose cable... licence plate light.jpeg

Will do tomorrow. I think I neede these:
2b5f28c73b461d34de8bdfdd96effee9.jpg

Will do tomorrow. I think I neede these:
2b5f28c73b461d34de8bdfdd96effee9.jpg

You should be able to just unscrew the plastic cover and fit new bulbs.

If you want to fit the entire units, you need to disassemble the inner tailgate trim etc.

That's what I will have to do because as I have said one unit is completely missing from the tailgate. Someone has lost it or whatever has happened to it.

That's what I will have to do because as I have said one unit is completely missing from the tailgate. Someone has lost it or whatever has happened to it.

I see, also many say that the dedicated units are too bright. I suppose that’s a subjective topic though.

The OEM lamp holders are only £8.60 delivered. Genuine Mercedes-Benz W203 C-Class REAR Number Plate Lamp A2038200556 NEW | eBay

If it were mine, I’d fit OEM. Then utilise the LEDs I linked above, which don’t error. This way you can always shift back to filament if you feel they are too bright.

Ok cool, just one last question doee the unit from the link above fit estate model as well? It states just W203 in general.

Cheers

Ok cool, just one last question doee the unit from the link above fit estate model as well? It states just W203 in general.

Cheers

That’s a good question. I would assume so.

However to be sure, simply send an eBay message to the seller (who are a MB dealer) with your VIN/Reg. They will confirm compatibility.

Regards,
Abs

Just ordered it from the dealer you have recommended. Many thanks for your help.
b12d3da63083f12e6a100bf5faa2f6d7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom