W203 Estate Rear Squeak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rich J

Hi all, W203 Estate 2004 c220 cdi, everytime I go over a bump it sounds like a cronky car lol

I have changed the roll bar bushes and stabiliser bars also. Made no difference with noise though.

Any other ideas?

No either spring is fine

No either spring is fine

My 2006 W203 creaks when driving off after a cold start. Alays have done. The suspension was carefully inspected by both Olie from PCS and Tony Bones from WIM who found nothing wrong. Presumably this is caused by slightly dry bushes. Sorry I can't be of more help...

This was my thought as the bushes on all the arms seem intact, I just changed Roll bar related things as they were they cheapest and easiest to do.

Only issue I have its 1min into a journey or 1hr into a journey. Just a bit annoying is all.

Thanks Markjay. Take it that's the Rear trunion bush then? Anyone tried it with the DIY method shown?

Thought I'd revive this.
I thought I had the dreaded rear trunion squeak, i knew the car recently had a set of new rear springs but its also had the rear trunions. Ok so I bought some Lithium Grease & set about putting it on every rubber joint i could see, rocked the caR "SQUEAK SILVERCROSS SQUEAK!? So off came the rear wheels & a closer look ...nothing so another coating & another jack under the trunion arm up & down a little ,the shocks were fully extended so I put some L/grease on the sealing ring of the top cover , up & down no squeak hey!!
Wheels on all packed away SQUEAK<SQUEAK!!??:fail So the only thing it can be is the rubber ring that the shock's top cover slides over:confused:, when i was putting it up & down the rubber sleeve/grommet was not inside the cover as the suspension was too extended.
I'm too hot & dirty to bother now, I may just remove the rubber sleeve just to make sure.

I'd be surprised if it was that but you never know, let us know how you get on. I've ordered new trunion bush's so will have to see. I guess the car being 10 yrs old will do no harm in changing anyway tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom